B.C.’s RCMP’s top cop relieved of duties after ‘allegations’ dating back to 2016
B.C.’s top Mountie has been relieved of his duties, the federal RCMP announced Thursday (Aug. 13).
RCMP Commissioner Mike Duheme said that Dwayne McDonald, who had been the B.C. RCMP’s commanding officer, is out of the role following “allegations” dating back to 2016. Police said the allegations were between 2016 and 2018.
“These allegations were recently brought to the attention of the RCMP. Investigations are ongoing,” Duheme said in the statement.“We